Senior Data Analyst
The Senior Data Analyst coordinates with other analytics, IT and business areas across the organization to ensure work is completed with insights from knowledge SMEs.
The Senior Data Analyst work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Data Analyst leverages its advanced knowledge of data, modeling, optimization, and tools. Applies disciplined analytics to predict behavior and optimize programs and products to maximize revenue growth.
Utilizes advanced or predictive modeling to develop, test and validate cases that improve the outcomes and quality of the programs we offer.
Contributes to more innovative approaches to financial models as it builds knowledge of the business context in which it operates.
Understands and analyzes complex data, articulates to various units within the company at the appropriate level, impacts the business from mathematical concepts which have a potentially sizeable dollar impact on the business.Begins to influence department's strategy.
Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction.Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of data analytics experience, or a Master's degree with 3 years of experience
- Experience with data mining, predictive modeling techniques and using data to drive business outcomes and decisions
- Proficient in a programming language such as SAS, Python, Java, Scala, C or R
- Intermediate knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to self-motivate & work independently, with a strong attention to detail, to comprehend & analyze data to metrics, to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary, with the ability to present findings and insights to senior leadership & other cross functional areas.
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Advanced Degree
- Six Sigma certification
- Expertise in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
- Preferred technologies such as SAS, QL, Python, Power BI, Azure, or similar tools
Scheduled Weekly Hours
We also provide free language interpreter services. See our
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.