Restaurant General Manager
Burger King Ridgeland, Mississippi
restaurant manager restaurant team gps safety hospitality management operation food safety training manager driver's license
March 10, 2023
We are looking for Restaurant General Managers (RGM) to join our team. Our restaurants are staffed with amazing people, and we are looking for more. The RGM leads the operation of the restaurants and has the overall responsibility for making sure the restaurant meets GPS Hospitality standards of quality, service and cleanliness. The RGM does not do this alone, as they work with a team of managers. The team is responsible for all areas of operation, including, but not limited to, food safety, inventory management, managing crew, daily maintenance and cleaning, quality food production, safety and security, scheduling and training. RGM bonus on performance, both operationally and financially.
Here are the top five (5) responsibilities of the job:
- (P&L) Hit Your Sales and Profit Budget Every Period
- (Systems) Execute Accurate Projections and Schedules While Working All Shifts
- (Safety) Maintain a Safe and Clean Restaurant
- (People) Hire and Train Service Obsessed Crew and Shift Leaders
- (Accounting) Tight Restaurant Controls Always
- Ensure team provides outstanding service and satisfied guests.
- Hire, train and coach the restaurant team.
- Utilize GPS Hospitality Systems to run a high-quality restaurant, especially accurate projections and great schedules.
- Implement restaurant controls, especially cash & inventory.
- Frequent contact, both inside and outside the restaurant, with the public, business, and various community organizations to develop and improve the restaurant s public relations.
- Meet standards for speed of service, food safety and cleanliness.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking skills.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment and ensure all equipment is clean and maintained.
- Work all shifts (breakfast, lunch, dinner late night & weekends) each week. Work at least one (1) full weekend each period.
- Set an example by maintaining an excellent working knowledge and high level of proficiency in restaurant operations.
- Follow all government regulations, employment law, food safety, operations policies and cash policies and implement all accounting controls.
- Supervise in accordance with GPS values, traits and behaviors.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management about plans, progress and problems.
- Successfully implement all marketing promotions.
- Participate in the development of company policies, standards, training and management development.
- Train and develop the capabilities of Assistant Managers and Manager Trainees in the areas of management skills and technical knowledge to provide for growth.
- 3-5 years of General Manager experience in a restaurant or retail setting
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a high-volume setting
- Must have reliable vehicle and valid driver's license
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- ServSafe certification preferred
About our benefits: We offer a passionate, fun and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team, along with
- Strong, performance-based bonus program
- Regular performance reviews
- Health & Life Benefits
- HSA programs
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Employee Rewards & Recognition Program
- Career development through structured training programs
GPS Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, lineage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and other related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic information / characteristics, veteran or military status, marital status or any other characteristic provided by applicable federal, state or local laws.
GPS Hospitality will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact Human Resources at 770-738-7148.
3-5 years of General Manager experience in a restaurant or retail setting
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Excellent customer service skills
Must be able to perform under pressure in a high-volume setting
Must have reliable vehicle and valid driver's license
Must be at least 18 years of age
ServSafe certification preferred
Ability to work in warm and cold temperatures
Ability to stand for 8-10 hours
Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Ability to climb ladders for general maintenance
Ability to perform the following motions
Report this job
Similar jobs near me
- Factors That Affect Physical Therapist Salaries: Location, Experience, and More
- Becoming a Physical Therapist: What Degree Do You Need?
- Diversifying Your Skillset: Alternative Career Paths for Physical Therapists
- The Journey to Becoming a Physical Therapist: Time, Education, and Requirements
- Physical Therapy Career Outlook: A Booming Industry