Cyber security analyst
Requires an individual with a strong technical background in systems and network security, along with excellent interpersonal and leadership abilities.
Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills, are also essential.
Good organizational, communication and planning skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and oversight.
Ability to research and quickly grasp unfamiliar information technologies is a must.
- Maintain knowledge of IT security best practices and current security threats
- Participate in cyber intelligence groups such as Infragard, HHS Listserv, NH-ISAC, etc.
- Perform forensic analysis of computer systems, components, peripherals, mobile devices, and media in support of incident response and investigations.
- Perform penetration and vulnerability testing, according to established rules of engagement, for purposes including discovery of system or application vulnerabilities, research, and exploitation.
- Monitor security tools and audit logs such as Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), SEIM, etc.
- Manage and update security software and applications such as IPS / IDS, DLP, AV, Web filter, Email encryption, etc.
- Perform cyber security assessments
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master's preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years’ ITS experience is required or 2 years of IT Security experience.
- Experience with Information Technology and access control concepts and applications are also desired.
- Familiarity with applicable regulations affecting Cyber Security and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800 Series Standards is preferred.
- Certification is one of the following is required or ability to obtain within the first year : Security +, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or E CSA
Job QualificationsRequired Degrees And Majors :
Bachelors in Related Field
Last updated : 2022-10-21